Monday, March 16, 2009

30 days in...

I'm amazed... More than 3! So, we've been here for a whole month now, with no more big disasters (knocking on wood now) and we're getting ready to have our meeting with them to give them our list of things that need to be fixed. Yay! We're doing pretty well. Alyson is going to be turning 2 on Saturday, and we're going to just have a nice dinner, cake and icecream here at home. I'm making her a blanket for her new big girl bed (we took apart the bunk beds and put one in each of their rooms.) She loves Jed's and tried to "borrow" it regularly, so I'm making her one of her own. It has pink, purple, yellow, polkadot, and arguyle squares, and a panel in the middle with Belle (who is her current favorite princess), Aurora, and Cinderella. (I just finished the front. I'm planning to get the back pieced together today.) The back has blue polka dot, blue princess print with Cinderella, aurora, belle, snow white, and jasmine, and then I have leftover of the other fabrics from the front to put throughout. Anyway, I'll post pictures of that and the house when I'm done. I'm so excited! I think I'll have some material left over, and I might make some little blankets with it. Haven't totally decided that one, but I'm thinking about it. Anyway, I hope that ya'll have a great day!
Shannon

3 comments:

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

Yes! We all want pictures!

Cindy said...

I want to see pics of the house where everything is where it goes! All I got to see was rooms with boxes. I'm still jealous of your craft room!

Shannon said...

We're still working on putting it all together. So far we have the kitchen, hallway, living room (mostly) play room, and the kids rooms pretty much "finished" (we still have to eventually paint the colors we want, and we haven't hung any pictures yet... most of them are still at my parents!) Anyway, but we're getting there. Slowly. We've had bugs and stuff like everyone, and we're trying to get the garden in before it's too late. Anyway, that was a very long way of saying I'll be getting to it soon. :-)