Sunday, August 29, 2010

Funny thing...

So, today while my children took a nap, Daniel and I had a chocolate fix. Daniel got an Oreo truffle out of the Freezer, and I pulled out some Chocolate Ice cream to get a little bit. I realized that I can't look at one of the Pet rectangular boxes of ice cream without thinking of Daniel's grandad, Pop. Before Daniel left on his mission, we would go over and visit a good bit. Many times we would park at Grandmother and Pop's house and walk to the USC football games. It was fun to spend time with them and get to know them better. One day, we got there after the game, and Pop says "Would you like some cake and ice cream?" I said "That would be great. Not too much, though." So pop gets us plates, and slices a HUGE piece of cake for each one. Then, he gets out a fresh carton of ice cream, a carving knife, and "Thunk", cuts off these huge inch to an inch and a half slices, one for each one. Ever since, whenever I am scooping out ice cream, I can picture that in my head. :-) Thank you, Pop, for such a fun memory!

No comments: