Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Things you remembered as a child

When I got home today and we were about to eat, I asked Jed if he could go tell Alyson it's time to eat. He proceeded to stand there and yell at the top of his lungs, "ALYSON, IT'S TIME TO EAT!" In my mind I am hearing my mom say the same words that I said to him. "If I wanted to yell I could do that, go upstairs and tell your sister it's time to eat." Then I recalled my brilliant response so long ago when I was probably approaching my teenage years - "Then why didn't you?" Oh the joys of being a parent and remembering what your parents told you and you did the exact same things your kids are doing.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Yeah. And it's all coming back to bite us in the butt! lol. Severe payback. Do you think our parents are secretly feeding this info to our children? jk. =)

Anita said...

Ben told me last night he was going to call his mother and ask her if he was as "smart-alecky" as Olivia is getting. He's worried she might never amount to anything with this attitude :) Oh, the joys of being on the cusp of pre-teen!

Jennifer said...

Oh how true this is. I have doen the samething.