Sunday, April 19, 2009

Anyone here love the idea of going to the grocery store and spending your money on food that seems to be rising all the time? Well, with a new house and being counseled to be able to provide for yourself come economic hard times, Shannon and I wanted to plant a garden. For the preparation of the garden, see the below post of Shannon's. We also went to my mom and got 5 blueberry bushes. This was last Saturday so we have had plenty of time to kill them if we turn out to have a black thumb. After constant vigilance of watering them blue berry bushes and the garden, we are beginning to see the fruits of our (mostly Shannon's) labor. First picture is a redbud tree my mom gave us. The rest are blueberry and garden pictures.




4 comments:

Anita said...

So did you know that redbud trees have PURPLE flowers?! I just don't get it! And it's the state tree of Oklahoma, so they are all over the place out here. Beautiful, though!

Heather said...

Yay! It's new life! =) I'm glad to hear the two of you have normal colored thumbs. Wouldn't that be hilarious to see you with black thumbs? lol jk. I'm happy for your work that is paid off.

Cindy said...

Great job on the garden! We are starting to work on ours too. It will be fun in the summer time to have fresh produce!!

Beth Shurtleff said...

Hey guys! LONG time no see - I'm so glad you commented on our blog so I could find yours :) You guys look GREAT!!!