Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Funny you should mention that...

So, have you ever done something really dumb, and it always comes back to haunt you? Well, I have a funny example. Several years ago Daniel sent me to the store while I was sick with a 102 temperature. Not the brightest move on his part in the first place. So anyway, I had been looking for some very cheap fabric to make curtains for our bedroom , since it was always several degrees hotter in there than the rest of the house, and I was hoping to make something light blocking. While at WalMart, my delusional mind thought that I should go take a look at the fabric. I went over there and found some hunter green fabric on clearance for a dollar a yard. Great!! Now, how much did I need? Again, delusional. I thought I would double it, and 7 feet for each panel, so that's 28 feet. No problem! Well, the feet didn't make the conversion with the whole insane-dimensia thing going on, and I bought 28 yards of fabric. I think I still have a yard or two floating around. So instead I made curtains for the living room, our room, a friends house, gave a few yards away, made Daniel's halloween costume out of it, you know... it was the all purpose fabric. So tonight I mentioned that I was going to start thinking about what I want to do for the curtains in the living room, and Daniel says "Gonna go buy 50 yards again, huh?" and we both had a good chuckle. Then he let me know that it's just one of those things I will never live down, and that the number of yards I bought will continue to increase over time. Just thought it was funny that we do things like that.

5 comments:

Heather said...

I love your new blog background. ;) We must have similar taste. =) Don't you just love that after we do, not so smart things, there is ALWAYS someone there to remind us of the moment and it's usually infront of other ppl.

Daniel said...

Just wanted to call attention to the fact that she wasn't going to Wal-Mart specifically for fabric. She went to get diapers.

Anita said...

Funny! I guess those were pretty expensive curtains...

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

haha...Daniels comment made it worth coming to comment...Did it last? All my dollar/yard purchases at walmart (with the exception of the deals I got while they were getting rid of their fabric department) unraveled later.

Daniel said...

The curtain is currently up in our living room and showing no sign of decay