Monday, June 15, 2009

Do I look like I can help you??

So, what is it with children that they think that Mommy sitting down is a bad thing, and the perfect time to ask for everything under the sun? I go to the bathroom, and just as I sit down, the door bursts open with one of my children, frantically saying "Mom, Mom, I'm thirsty. Can you get me a drink?" Now, here I am in the rest room. Exactly what part of this makes it look like I can go scampering off getting beverages for people?? My new answer is "Do I look like I can get you a drink right now?" Another one. I get everyone's plate made for dinner, get them on the table, we say prayers, I get mine last. I sit down, lift the fork to take a bite, and "Mom, I need _____. Can you get it for me?" Now, Daddy is sitting right there. He's already inhaled half of his meal. Is there a law that they can't ask him? Anyway, I just had to share with someone! It's been interesting. All questions like those have now been referred to Daddy once Mommy has finally sat down. :-) I love my hubby.

4 comments:

Heather said...

So it's the same for you too huh? One day I'm gonna eat a hot meal too! lol.

Amie McCracken said...

You have made my day! Lol.

Shay said...

I LOVE it! I have also refused to be the "fun facilitor" on vacation too. When the fam goes on vacation, so do I, even if it means we have to factor in a babysitter to the costs!

David and Heather Smith said...

I am happy to say the lock on our bathroom door is a wonderful thing! And I cannot tell you how many times David has finished his very yummy breakfast before I even take a bite--no kidding!