Wednesday, June 17, 2009

One of those days...

So, this morning I went to Aldi to start getting some of the things for Freezer meals. (I'm so excited to be doing them again!) I had a whole list of places we needed to go and things we needed to do today, and Aldi was number one. So, first aisle, there's the Ketchup. On the list. I pull out the two bottles that I need, and as I'm doing so notice that there is an extra bottle in the box, and it has been kind of balanced in there. When I removed the two bottles, it must have thrown off the balance, and out flies the other bottle. Seriously, it was like watching it happen in slow motion. Puss had dropped the potion, and Donkey was trying desperately to get to it, but this time he didn't make it. The bottle hits the grounds and bounces up, erupting while it does, and covering me from thigh to toe in ketchup. I found someone and let them know what happened (She looked REALLY annoyed with me) and went to the bathroom to attempt to clean myself up. No paper towels. So, I'm there, leg propped up on the sink, kids running around my other leg, using toilet paper and baby wipes to try to clean myself up. All I could think was... Well, it's gonna be one of those days!

3 comments:

Anita said...

Well, I'm sure it didn't make your day, but the story sure started mine off with a smile!

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

annoyed with you??? how about sorry for you??! things happen - esp in cheap stores with pathetically stacked boxes of stuff! i'm so sorry :) i've had those kind of days too.

Kristen Edwards said...

Thats awful...wish I could have been there to help! Good luck with the freezer meals this weekend! love you! Kristen