Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Where is Uncle David when you need him??

Or Isaac for that matter? Okay, so yesterday I picked Jed up from his Grandma Bass' house, Hunter was with us. All of a sudden, I hear "Knock Knock", "Who's there?" with incredibly silly ends. This went on for several minutes. Then "Mommy, tell us a knock knock joke!!" and all I could think of at the moment was Apple. Apple Who? Knock Knock. Who's there? Apple. Knock Knock Who's there? Apple. Knock Knock. Who's there? Orange. Orange Who? Orange you glad I didn't say Apple?? Which,l of course, led to piles of laughter from the back seat. But they wanted more. I my mind went blank. And I thought of Uncle David, and his endless knowledge of jokes that would tickle my children to no end, and wished he was there! And then I thought of Isaac, who when he was little would sit for an hour and tell me knock knock jokes, and find each one absolutely hilarious, and thought "Why on earth didn't I pay better attention! I need to ask them for a list!!" So, anyway, here's to you, David and Isaac! I miss being so close to you!

2 comments:

Anita said...

Olivia made up a knock-knock joke that made me laugh:

Knock-knock.
Who's there?
Chicken.
Chicken who?
Chicken my bootie! (this should be accompanied by a bootie shake to tell it right!)

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

I told my kids the orange one (but 'banana' was what i used instead of 'apple') when they asked for knock knock jokes (much in the same conversation that you heard with jed)...and could think of no more either! I even went to the library and checked out a book of knock knock jokes (but alas, they weren't written for 4 year olds. :)
Seth and Carolyn make up their own nonsensical knock knock jokes still