Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Piano!!


We're the proud owners of a Piano! I went to Craigslist yesterday morning, just to look (I've been looking for a piano in our price range... free... for a while. Wishing for one for even longer!) and someone had posted a free piano! I emailed her, and she called me back very quickly. She wanted a good home for it, and we've been dying to have one for Daniel and I to practice (of course his practice sounds MUCH better than mine... Something to do with having taken lessons for many years or something... ;-) ) and it just worked out great! We were both thrilled. We picked it up at 6:30 last night with the help of Jared and Kristen, Grady, and us. Susan (She is the woman who owned the piano) was just so wonderful! We hugged when we left, both very happy with the way things worked out. Now I have a beautiful Schaff Brothers piano in my Dining room (which will be used as a music/formal living room), and I couldn't be happier! Oh, and Susan is moving soon, and also wants to find a good home for a large computer desk. L shaped, with built in book case/hutch. If you are interested, let me know and I'll connect you with her! Yay, Piano! We cleaned it this morning, and my children and I sat and played for about an hour!

1 comment:

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

how fun...in a few years, you'll probably add another piano player to the practice time and will be so grateful you have one (it's really cute to hear a 6 year old practice the piano)
and what luck!